Future: Linux will replace Microsoft Windows getting 98% desktop market!

WayneC wcheney na hotmail.com
Úterý Květen 7 03:30:45 CEST 2002

"David T. Ashley" <dtashley na kalman.eng.wayne.edu> wrote in message
news:OwNA8.5068$v92.2428 na atlpnn01.usenetserver.com...
> I agree.  I've had the same experiences.  My Linux box is stable.  It
sits
> there and does its job.  My Windows box is generally usable, but not
in the
> same tier of stability.
>
> My largest regret of all time is that the DOJ didn't bust up
Microsoft.
> They'll be back to their old practices in less than a few years.

Did they ever stop? As far as I can tell, so far the DOJ has done
nothing but "force" M$ to push computer systems into schools sporting M$
Windows to make sure the next generation of computer users are familiar
with Windows. If the government gets any tougher with M$ the dollar bill
will have a picture of Bill on it and will say "In Microsoft We Trust".
Not that it will matter much as Bill will have them all anyway.