Future: Linux will replace Microsoft Windows getting 98% desktop market!

jamess na fda.net jamess na fda.net
Pátek Květen 17 10:57:21 CEST 2002

Joe Woods wrote:

> It would be nice if rpm -i xxx *was* the same as setup.exe, but
> setup.exe doesn't usually give meaningless error messages 90% of the
> time like "cannot link to..." blah blah blah...

Not to mention that if your system installs rpm 3.0 and you download a
rpm package that needs rpm 4.0. Then you have download *every* rpm
version in between 3.0 and 4.0, install it, and rebuild the rpm database
for each version. If people want a 'setup.exe' type thing the best would
be a shell script like Star Office uses. It works on every version and
distro of Linux I've ever tried it with.
--
jamess
		Slackware Linux... The choice of professionals.