Aplikace z KDevelop a GPL

kratochvil na dbsystem.com kratochvil na dbsystem.com
Středa Září 25 14:01:48 CEST 2002

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 01:25:22PM +0200, kratochvil na dbsystem.com wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 12:05:59PM +0200, Michal Krause wrote:
> >
> > Teoreticky mate pravdu, ovsem
> >
> > $ rpm -qi kdelibs
> > Size        : 21838588                         License: LGPL
> >
> > Jak vidno, knihovny KDE jsou sireny pod LGPL a tudiz nemaji vliv na
> > licenci produktu, ktery je vyuziva.
> >

> Zrejme nastala jedna z nasledujicich moznosti:
>
> 1) z KDE uz odstranili ze sveho kodu pouzivani Qt knihoven.
> 2) zaplatili licencni poplatky pro pouzivani Qt.
> 3) Dostali od TrollTechu jinou licenci
>
> V tom pripade se Vam omlouvam Za neumyslnou mystifikaci
>
> (Ale prijde mi to minimalne divne)

Tak jsem do toho jeste jednou koukal a moznost 1) nepripada v uvahu.
napr:
$ cat /opt/kde/include/ksock.h
<cut>
*  This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
*  modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
*  License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
*  version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#include <qobject.h>
class KSocket : public QObject
</cut>

$ cat /usr/lib/qt/include/qobject.h
<cut>
** This file may be distributed under the terms of the Q Public License
** as defined by Trolltech AS of Norway and appearing in the file
** LICENSE.QPL included in the packaging of this file.
**
** This file may be distributed and/or modified under the terms of the
** GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software
** Foundation and appearing in the file LICENSE.GPL included in the
** packaging of this file.
**
** Licensees holding valid Qt Enterprise Edition or Qt Professional Edition
** licenses may use this file in accordance with the Qt Commercial License
** Agreement provided with the Software.
</cut>

FAQ TrollTechu:
<cut>
When Qt Free Edition is Open Source and GPL, can I use it to make
commercial (proprietary/closed-source) software?
No.

You will still need to purchase the Professional or Enterprise Edition
to make commercial (proprietary/closed-source) software with Qt.
</cut>

a z jejich webu:
<cut>
The Qt Free Edition is provided under both the Q Public License ("QPL")
and the GPL. This specifies that you may freely use the Qt Free Edition
for:

  * Running software developed by others (e.g. KDE)
  * Development of open source/non-proprietary software
</cut>

Coz je v rozporu s licenci LGPL. Na LGPL muzete postavit "closed source"
software.

--
  KLoK