Výměna znakové sady MySQL

Michal Cihar cihar na email.cz
Úterý Červen 17 09:10:35 CEST 2003

petbe wrote:
> Zdravím,
> je to pravděpodobně nějaká banalita, ale neumím změnit znakovou sadu u
> MySQL. Výpis proměnných je
>
> character_set    latin1
>

> character_sets
>
> latin1 big5 czech euc_kr gb2312 gbk sjis tis620 ujis dec8 dos german1
> hp8 koi8_ru latin2 swe7 usa7 cp1251 danish hebrew win1251 estonia
> hungarian koi8_ukr win1251ukr greek win1250 croat cp1257 latin5
>
> tak proč mi při přihlášení jako root na příkaz
>
> SET OPTION SET CHARACTER czech;
>
> hlásí pořád:
>
> Unknown character set: 'czech'
>

> to samé i když tam dám implicitní sadu latin1. Proč?

RTFM - http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/SET_OPTION.html

CHARACTER SET character_set_name | DEFAULT
     This maps all strings from and to the client with the given
mapping. Currently the only option for character_set_name is
cp1251_koi8, but you can easily add new mappings by editing the
`sql/convert.cc' file in the MySQL source distribution. The default
mapping can be restored by using a character_set_name value of DEFAULT.
Note that the syntax for setting the CHARACTER SET option differs from
the syntax for setting the other options.

To co chces je nespis zmenit to v my.ini...

--
	Michal Cihar