Fw: I2C a APIC - 2.4.21

Petr Šobáň soban na centrum.cz
Neděle Říjen 12 02:59:23 CEST 2003

Dne ne 12. října 2003 02:27 jste napsal(a):

> tak dik aspon za odpoved
> nemusel mi nikto vysvetlovat
> stacilo 2-3 linky (kt. si snad aj vygooglim), ale este lepsie, ze napr:
> I2C sa vyzuiva iba v hernych zariadeniach a APIC v specialnych meracich
> pristrojoch a s oboma
> sa v "normalnych" PC nestretnete
>
> (pytal som sa preto, ci (vymyslam) nieco z toho napr. "nezrychluje
> internet"

No na internet to zrovna není :-) tam třeba pořídit rychlejší připojení :-))

> :))
>
> bru noc

Jinak něco je i přímo u zdrojáků jádra:

 A local APIC (Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller) is an         │
  │ integrated interrupt controller in the CPU. If you have a single-CPU    │
  │ system which has a processor with a local APIC, you can say Y here to   │
  │ enable and use it. If you say Y here even though your machine doesn't   │
  │ have a local APIC, then the kernel will still run with no slowdown at   │
  │ all. The local APIC supports CPU-generated self-interrupts (timer,      │
  │ performance counters), and the NMI watchdog which detects hard lockups. │
  │                                                                         │
  │ If you have a system with several CPUs, you do not need to say Y        │
  │ here: the local APIC will be used automatically.

napr:
> I2C sa vyzuiva iba v hernych zariadeniach

No s tímto bych tak nesouhlasil - je to druh zběrnice něco třeba jako PCI na
které jsou připojené další obvody, například senzory pro měření napští a
teploty CPU apod...

  │ I2C (pronounce: I-square-C) is a slow serial bus protocol used in       │
  │ many micro controller applications and developed by Philips.  SMBus,    │
  │ or System Management Bus is a subset of the I2C protocol.  More         │
  │ information is contained in the directory Documentation/i2c/,           │
  │ especially in the file called "summary" there.                          │
  │                                                                         │
  │ Both I2C and SMBus are supported here. You will need this for           │
  │ hardware sensors support, and also for Video For Linux support.         │
  │ Specifically, if you want to use a BT848 based frame grabber/overlay    │
  │ boards under Linux, say Y here and also to "I2C bit-banging             │
  │ interfaces", below.                                                     │
  │                                                                         │
  │ If you want I2C support, you should say Y here and also to the          │
  │ specific driver for your bus adapter(s) below.  If you say Y to         │
  │ "/proc file system" below, you will then get a /proc interface which    │
  │ is documented in Documentation/i2c/proc-interface.                      │
  │ This I2C support is also available as a module.  If you want to         │
  │ compile it as a module, say M here and read                             │
  │ Documentation/modules.txt.                                              │
  │ The module will be called i2c-core.o.                                   │

--

|            Petr Šobáň                  |