Linux 6.0 installation

Milos Prudek prudek na nembv.cz
Středa Březen 28 07:41:46 CEST 2001

> A (very) long time ago I bought the set of Data Becker. I received three
> CD's with it. I was in the intention to install it 'out of the box'. How do
> I set up a simple installation with X-Windows, network (TCP/IP, fixed IP),
> ADSL connection and option to share directories for my other computers in
> my (small) LAN?

If you have a Linux distribution with low quality manual, I would suggest
that you buy the latest SuSE (www.suse.com, www.suse.cz) or Mandrake
(www.mandrake.com) Linux distribution, which both come with excellent
manuals, and cost around 80USD at most.

I understand that you may not like the idea of throwing away your Data Becker
Linux 6.0, but I doubt anyone here ever heard of such Linux distribution, and
consequently it's unlikely that people here will be able to help you.

Maybe you did not specify the Linux distribution name correctly? I never
heard of Data Becker Linux. Perhaps your Linux distribution is actually
called SuSE, RedHat, Mandrake, Stampede, Caldera or some other brand name?

Anyway if your set is outdated you should consider getting the most recent
Linux distribution, if only for better support of recent hardware.

Hope this helps.

--
Milos Prudek