MX (was RE: anti-relay.....VYRIESENE !!!)

Martin Macok martin.macok na underground.cz
Sobota Červen 17 09:33:10 CEST 2000

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 11:11:15PM +0200, Jan Derfinak wrote:
> Ciste teoreticky by ma zaujimalo, ci je to tak uvedene aj v RFC alebo je to
> tradicia. (Pamatam sa, co sa stalo, ked wu-ftpd zacalo striktne dodrziavat
> RFC a vacsina ftp klientov prestala fungovat.)

Ciste teoreticky by me zajimalo, proc jste se do toho RFC nepodival, kdyz
vas to tak zajimalo ;-]

Ciste prakticky jsem to udelal za vas :

RFC 974     MAIL ROUTING AND THE DOMAIN SYSTEM
   It is possible that the list of MXs in the response to the query will
   be empty.  This is a special case.  If the list is empty, mailers
   should treat it as if it contained one RR, an MX RR with a preference
   value of 0, and a host name of REMOTE.  (I.e., REMOTE is its only
   MX).  In addition, the mailer should do no further processing on the
   list, but should attempt to deliver the message to REMOTE.  The idea
   here is that if a domain fails to advertise any information about a
   particular name we will give it the benefit of the doubt and attempt
   delivery.

Zdroj: http://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/ftp/doc/standard/rfc/9xx/974
       http://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/cgi-bin/search/standard/nph-findstd?show_about=yes

Doufam, ze thread uz je uzareny. Nikdo nic nezkazi, kdyz si spravne MX pro sve
domeny nastavi, i kdyz si mysli, ze je nepotrebuje.

bye

--
< Martin Mačok        martin.macok na underground.cz           <iso-8859-2>
  \\  http://kocour.ms.mff.cuni.cz/~macok/  http://underground.cz/  //