[Fedora TeX Live] Upgrade problem with texlive2011/dev on f14

Peter Baker dr_pete_baker at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 21 06:24:33 CEST 2011

Hi All

I'm running texlive2011/dev on f14 which until recentlyu has worked perfectly

# yum list texlive
: : :
Installed Packages
texlive.i686                    2011-0.2.20110417.fc14                  @texlive
texlive.x86_64                  2011-0.2.20110417.fc14                  @texlive

After last texlive update (which I only did a few days ago) I now have no
pdflatex

I recall similar problems in the past but somehow seemed to work around them
without reinstalling texlive which is massivle tedious - but its got me stumped
this time

$ pdflatex results4-extraTab1
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (TeX Live 2011)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
---! /usr/share/texlive/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/pdflatex.fmt doesn't match
pdftex.pool
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Then as root, I moved the cfg files but get exacly same message (on 2 computers
laptop/desktop)

cd /usr/share/texlive/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/
mv updmap.cfg.rpmnew updmap.cfg
mv fmtutil.cnf.rpmnew fmtutil.cnf

as I noticed the rpmsave file was newer - but to no effect (although I tried
fmtutil-sys --all and texhash which I imagine aren't necessary)

suggestions welcome!

Thanks
Peter

Peter Baker                           dr_pete_baker at yahoo.com.au