[Fedora TeX Live] packages.fc15 has F16 packages only

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 6 09:23:35 CET 2011

Michael J Gruber venit, vidit, dixit 05.12.2011 14:54:
> Trying out TL2011 on F15
>
> Midway in trying to get things working again (I'll post separately), F15
> packages disappeared: It seems the F16 tree replaced the F15 packages.

So, it turns out (at least it appears after checking a few) that the F15
tree has F15 *bin* packages, but the non-bin packages are from F16. This
is not pretty (and is confusing) but works.

Maybe everyone here knows these things? There ought to be a better place
for noting these gotchas than answering my own posts here. We want to
welcome new users trying out TL2011 in Fedora, don't we?

Michael