[Fedora TeX Live] packages.fc15 has F16 packages only

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Tue Dec 6 11:35:15 CET 2011

On 12/06/2011 08:23 AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Maybe everyone here knows these things? There ought to be a better place
> for noting these gotchas than answering my own posts here. We want to
> welcome new users trying out TL2011 in Fedora, don't we?
>
> Michael

Actually that piece of information was given by Jindrich some months
ago. :-)

The idea is that the noarch packages don't need to be rebuild for
different versions of Fedora. Sometimes the same happens on Fedora but
the other way around, there are noarch packages build for F14 that do
not need to be rebuilt for later version unless there are major changes
(like the rpm format itself, or the directory layout changed, things
that fortunately do not happen frequently).

I hope this helps,

--
José Matos