[Fedora TeX Live] texlive-hyphen-english contains no files

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:17:29 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:46, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 08:38, Michael J Gruber wrote:
>>
>> There are two issues here:
>>
>> - The package description says "additional hyphen patters" which
>> everyone without packagers' knowledge will read as "installs additional
>> hyphen patterns".
>
> I'm not sure if description comes from TeX Live or from Fedora. If a
> different description is needed for TeX Live packages, I can change
> that.

I also remembered that this text:

longdesc Additional hyphenation patterns for American and British
longdesc English in ASCII encoding.  The American English patterns
longdesc (usenglishmax) greatly extend the standard patterns from Knuth
longdesc to find many additional hyphenation points.  British English
longdesc hyphenation is completely different from US English, so has its
longdesc own set of patterns.

is meant to be used by CTAN and the idea for CTAN is to actually link
to relevant files.

So if I change the description to "rules to enable hyphenation
patterns", the text will become useless for CTAN "package"
description.

Mojca