[Fedora TeX Live] ConTeXt doesn't get installed properly

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 14:52:05 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 12:16:46PM +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> 2011/12/9 Vedran Miletić wrote:
> > Hi Jindrich,
> >
> > this is still an issue. Can I help in fixing it?

Sure I'm open to any ConTeX improvements. I do not use it though.

> I have sent the instructions about how to handle the issue a long
> while ago (when you first asked), but nobody attempted to fix it
> properly at that time (and I bet that everyone forgot about it by
> now).

It is not. Actually I haven't received a reply from you when you asked
about some details about TeX Live Fedora paths privately. My email
from 14th of Sep was:

---

Hi Mojca,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:17:53AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> A few questions:
>
> Where is fonts.conf stored in Fedora?

/etc/fonts/fonts.conf

> Does TeX Live generate
>     /usr/share/texlive/texmf-var
> ?

Yes.

> And what about
>     /usr/share/texlive/texmf-config
> for paper size settings etc?

Paper size is handled by texconfig, not sure which bits it touches.

> I'm sending an example of a fixed texmfcnf.lua, but I don't have all
> the information yet and I didn't test anything.

Feel free to send me the patch. I can test it for you. But please
provide a test case.

Thanks,
Jindrich

---

Up to now I have only the fixed texmfcnf.lua which is not sufficient
to properly configure ConTeXt. I'm sure we can elaborate on ConTeXt
configuration here so that Vedran can contribute and test it.

Thanks,
Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,