[Fedora TeX Live] texlive-hyphen-czech and slovak doesn't contains any files.

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Mon Jan 24 08:57:57 CET 2011

Hi Zdenek!

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:35:43PM +0100, Zdeněk Janeček wrote:
> Hello friends,
> I have used TeXLive 2010 on the Fedora some time, and I had not problem with
> it. Since last update I have not any files for hyphenation for my language.
>
> Cause:
> try list files in the package with "repoquery --list texlive-hyphen-czech" -
> there will be no files.
>
> Result:
> Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
> (babel)                the language `Czech'
> (babel)                I will use the patterns loaded for \language=0
> instead.
>
> My packages:
> texlive-hyphen-czech - 14.svn20144.fc14
> texlive-hyphen-base - 14.svn20147.fc14
> texlive-release - 14.20110113.fc14
>
> Note:
> CSLaTeX works fine with hyphenation.
>
> I know that this problem was solved one year ago. Missed I something? Try
> install this package for me, please.

The hyphenation patterns are now shipped in one single package
hyph-utf8. This means that texlive-hyphen-czech and others are just
meta packages (not shipping any files) containing scriptlets for adding
references to the hyphenation files to language.dat/def when the package is
either installed or removed.

Please check whether texlive-hyph-utf8 is in your installation. It is
a hard requirement of collection-basic so there is no way how to not
to install texlive without hyph-utf8 now. Additionally please check
/usr/share/texlive/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.{dat,def} whether
everything is sane there.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,