[Fedora TeX Live] TeXLive 2011 breaking typesetting; why is Fedora using a development TeXLive?

Ted Pavlic ted at tedpavlic.com
Thu Jan 27 03:27:20 CET 2011

Ever since I updated my TeXLive from 2010 to 2011/dev, presentations
that are built and render fine on my old TeXLive 2010 system have
objects that are out of place on Fedora's TeXLive 2011/dev. Equations
that were once centered on a slide now overhang into the navigation bar.
If I fix these problems on my Fedora system, I get the complementary
problems on my working TeXLive 2010 system.

It's frustrating that I now have to bring my personal laptop to the
office because my desktop machine's TeXLive is completely unusable. :-(

Why was the decision made to start supporting a development version of
TeXLive?

--Ted

--
Ted Pavlic <ted at tedpavlic.com>