[Fedora TeX Live] TeXLive 2011 breaking typesetting; why is Fedora using a development TeXLive?

Ted Pavlic ted at tedpavlic.com
Thu Jan 27 03:38:02 CET 2011

> Why was the decision made to start supporting a development version of
> TeXLive?

Having said that, Fedora's TeXLive 2010 packages acted strange
themselves. For example, the "axesstyle=none" property of a psgraph does
not actually remove the axes lines; I have to add "linestyle=none" to
get the axes to actually go away. I haven't had that issue on other systems.

Today I noticed that one powerdot presentation had item bullets that
would render only in acroread; in okular they rendered as letters as
opposed to squares and diamonds. I turned on PDF/X compliance in ps2pdf,
and that fixed the problem, but I have never had that problem before
(and I use okular on my Arch Linux system with TeXLive 2010).

Does no one else notice these peculiarities with Fedora's TeXLive? They
may only be noticeable if re-generating a PDF on a different system and
comparing the results.

	--Ted

--
Ted Pavlic <ted at tedpavlic.com>