[Fedora TeX Live] Minimal Example [Re: TeXLive 2011 breaking typesetting; why is Fedora using a development TeXLive?]

Ted Pavlic ted at tedpavlic.com
Thu Jan 27 05:14:09 CET 2011

>> Why was the decision made to start supporting a development version of
>> TeXLive?

The bullet issue appears to be a problem with Fedora's Okular package
(or perhaps poppler/etc.). However, I've come up with a fairly minimal
example demonstrating the TeXLive problems.

I've pasted the example code at:

http://pastebin.com/sGRpm7uE

I have also attached it to this message. Build it with:

latex test.tex
dvips test.dvi
ps2pdf test.ps

and open the resulting test.pdf. When I build it on my Arch Linux system
it (correctly?) produces the attached test_ArchLinux_TeXLive_2010.pdf,
which has a space between the upper title region and the dashed box.
However, when I build it on my TeXLive 2011 Fedora system, I get the
test_Fedora_14_TeXLive_2011.pdf, which has the dashed box shoved up
against the upper title region.

Why does Fedora's TeXLive give me different results?

--Ted

--
Ted Pavlic <ted at tedpavlic.com>