[Fedora TeX Live] error on upgrade to tl2010, F15

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 12:14:52 CEST 2011

Hi Sebastian,

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:34:20PM +0200, Sebastian Krämer wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm following the mailing list (and the original bug report) for a while
> now and just today considered upgrading texlive (after I upgraded to
> Fedora 15 yesterday).
>
> I did a 'yum clean all', then 'yum upgrade' with the texlive-release
> repo enabled. After a long list of packages that are about to get
> updated, it results in the following error:
>
> > Error: Package: evince-dvi-3.0.0-1.fc15.x86_64 (@fedora)
> >            Requires: libkpathsea.so.4()(64bit)
> >            Removing: kpathsea-2007-62.fc15.x86_64 (@fedora)
> >                libkpathsea.so.4()(64bit)
> >            Obsoleted By: texlive-kpathsea-doc-2010-2.svn19287.fc14.noarch (texlive)
> >                Not found
>
> Does this make sense to you?  What can I do about it?

Yes. It is caused by the fact that Fedora evince is linked against old
kpathsea library. The new and old kpathsea libraries can not actually
coexist so the only solution is to remove evince-dvi. Then you can
alternatively build evince locally against the new TeX Live.

I can not obsolete evince-dvi because then the local build and
installation of the new evince would be impossible.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,