[Fedora TeX Live] error on upgrade to tl2010, F15

Sebastian Krämer mail at kraymer.de
Sat Jun 4 15:21:25 CEST 2011

On 06/03/2011 12:14 PM, Jindrich Novy wrote:
>> Does this make sense to you?  What can I do about it?
>
> Yes. It is caused by the fact that Fedora evince is linked against old
> kpathsea library. The new and old kpathsea libraries can not actually
> coexist so the only solution is to remove evince-dvi. Then you can
> alternatively build evince locally against the new TeX Live.

Hello Jindrich,

thanks for your reply. I'm not planning on building evince locally and
TL2010 isn't that necessary for me, I was rather curious.
Do you think it's a valid request for evince to switch to another
version, something that could be filed in gnome's or redhat's bugzilla?
As I understand it, that would be necessary in the long run anyway.

Btw., what about filing TL2010 as FutureFeature for F16? Would that be a
feasible goal?

Greetings,

Sebastian