[Fedora TeX Live] Basic update questions. Help welcome. Thanks.

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 09:50:05 CET 2011

Hi Mario,

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 05:14:45PM +0100, mario chiari wrote:
> Also, I noticed that I got maybe too many yum.repos.d files:
> [root at localhost ~]# locate yum.repos.d
> /etc/yum.repos.d/adobe-linux-i386.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/texlive-f14.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/texlive-release.repo

It seems that you installed the old TeX Live 2011 in history (it
provided the texlive-f14.repo file). If you then install the Fedora 13
TeX Live release package the file doesn't get obsoleted and
replaced. So you ended up having two valid TeX Live repo files.

The easiest solution now is to disable the texlive-f14.repo by
putting enabled=0 in it.

if it doesn't fix the promblem, then you should remove all the texlive
packages and reinstall.

Hope that helps,
Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,