[Fedora TeX Live] [Matplotlib-users] Problem generating pdf file with LaTeX fonts

Pål Gunnar Ellingsen paalge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 10:21:16 CET 2011

Hi

This is very strange I agree. I checked the pdftex.map file and it has
changed due to me upgrading texlive 2011 during a normal fedora update some
days ago. I've checked the log for the update, and the update contained a
new updmap.cfg (which is the script for generating pdftex.map), which
explains the difference in pdftex.map, though it does not help with solving
the problem.

>From now on I'll check the update list closer, I'm sorry for the
inconvenience on your part.The current pdftex.map file does not have the
cmr12 font (or any other cmr fonts). Which means that it explains the lack
of the font, but doesn't help me, so I continued looking for errors.

There was a new version of TexLive out, I updated, but it did not fix the
problem (pdftex.map still lacked cmr fonts).

I checked the Fedora TExlive maling list and found that there were similar
problems there:
http://www.linux.cz/pipermail/texlive/2011-March/000105.html(removing
texlive-amsfonts (without dependencies) and installing it again)
I tried the solution used there, and it worked, meaning that pdftex.map now
contains cmr12 and my test.py file runs properly and gives me a nice pdf
file.

So again sorry for messing this up. I would like to thank you very much for
your help.

If CC-d this e-mail to the  TexLive mailing list, in case others have the
same problem, and I also figured that this problem with the pdftex.map file
should be fixed.

Regards

Pål