[Fedora TeX Live] A bug in the texlive-amsfonts package?

wodzicki at math.berkeley.edu wodzicki at math.berkeley.edu
Sun May 1 00:30:23 CEST 2011

the package: texlive-amsfonts-2011-0.2.3.0.svn15878.fc15.noarch

This package comes with a number of map files:

/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/amsfonts/cm.map
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/amsfonts/cmextra.map
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/amsfonts/cyrillic.map
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/amsfonts/euler.map
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/amsfonts/latxfont.map
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/amsfonts/symbols.map

The package installer script does not add these map files to the system
updmap.cfg. this is what I experienced after I reinstalled TeXLive from
scratch today.

As a result, running pdflatex leads to generation of tons of useless pk
files (for Computer Modern), and fails completely on eusm fonts.

Mariusz