[Fedora TeX Live] Wrong permissions for updmap

Fabien marbolangos at gmail.com
Mon May 2 08:11:33 CEST 2011

On 1 May 2011 00:02, <wodzicki at math.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Having experienced exactly the same problems after April 17 upgrade as
> described in the previous thread, I removed all texlive-* packages from my
> Fedora 14, executed 'yum clean all', as recommended by Jiři, and then
> installed
>

> http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2010/packages.f14/texlive-release.noarch.rpm
>
> following the link provided at
>
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive
>
> in order to install TeXLive 2010 stable from scratch.
>
> That texlive-release package must be obsolete since yum returns errors
> about not finding any mirrors when I try to install any texlive packages.

Hi,

I believe this explanation must be the same thing as I experienced about
installaing the 2010 package after a 2011 removal.
In fact the yum clean all does is not enough to force the 2011 packages to
be removed from the "cache" so when you have installed the 2010 package you
must do: yum repolist all. Then all 2010 packages will install well.

Fabien