[Fedora TeX Live] hyphenation in texlive 2011?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:48:32 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 14:38, pip wrote:

> Hi Mojca. Just a short reply, as Pjotr has found a solution to my problem.
>
>>Other users expect TeX to be stable.
>
> I guess those would still be on v.2007, as v.2011 is not considered stable as a whole.

2007 not any more stable than 2011 is. It is just older. Those who
really want something stable will go for TeX from 1982.

TeX has some kind of special status. It is not entirely true that
there is 100% backward compatibility, but if you don't use weird
packages, it is true to a great extent, and it particular if you use
plain TeX. That one still typesets in the same way as in 1982. If
nothing else, Knuth has to be able to re-typeset his books in exactly
the same way as he did 30 years ago.