[Fedora TeX Live] Creating a PDF without Type 3 fonts

Aidan Delaney aidan at phoric.eu
Thu Sep 8 15:19:29 CEST 2011

-----Original message-----
To:	texlive at linux.cz;
From:	Pjotr Markevitch <pjotr.markevitch at gmail.com>
Sent:	Thu 08-09-2011 11:40
Subject:	Re: [Fedora TeX Live] Creating a PDF without Type 3 fonts
> W. Michael Petullo <mike at ...> writes:
>

> > I am having trouble with texlive-2011-1.20110825.fc15.x86_64, etc.  I have
> > a LaTeX document that uses the pslatex packages and should produce a PDF
> > with only Type 1 fonts.
>
> The issue you are experiencing is probably yet another updmap.cfg issue.
I was also bitten by this issue.  However, fonts in LaTeX are still a mystery
to me.  Therefore, as a hack I identified that it was an euler type 3 font
which was being picked up by texlive and I added

pdfmapfile{+euler.map} % for some reason, pdftex is not picking up this map file

to the preamble of my document.

Not pretty, but works for me (tm).

--
Aidan Delaney