[Fedora TeX Live] updmap.cfg issues

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 10:01:46 CEST 2011

Hi Pjotr,

thanks for investigation! Your post was very much appreciated and
helped me to find real problems with the updmap.cfg updating scheme
and dependencies.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 09:38:11AM +0000, Pjotr Markevitch wrote:
> After a fresh TL2011 install on fedora 15 x86_64, I encountered similar issues
> as reported on this mailing list regarding the updmap.cfg config file.
> Specifically, I observe similar problems as
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.texlive/67
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.texlive/28
>
> Two problems occur:
>
> 1) After a fresh (minimal) install, the updmap.cfg file
> '/usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg' does not contain all entries
> (amongst others, the texlive-amsfonts Map and MixedMap entries are missing),
> hence the 'updmap-sys' command will not correctly update the 'psfonts.map' and
> the 'pdftex.map' files.

It is now fixed.

> 2) Once TL2011 is installed, new Map or MixedMap entries for additional font
> packages (i.e. texlive-kpfonts) are not 'seen' by updmap-sys, and therefore,
> again, the 'psfonts.map' and the 'pdftex.map' files are not updated.

This is fixed as well.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,