[Fedora TeX Live] Support for ConTeXt

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:53:01 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:42, Jindrich Novy wrote:

> Is there any reason why ConTeXt doesn't use kpathsea to figure out
> these paths?

The developer doesn't like kpathsea (speed limitations etc.) so he
basically rewrote the whole functionality from scratch.

> Attaching texmf.cnf from TeX Live 2011 (the basic installation +
> ConTeXt collection). Hopefully you will be able to dig some
> information from it.

Not everything yet. Where do you have texmflocal? You seem to use an
almost unmodified version of texmf.cnf which refers to
    TEXMFLOCAL = $TEXMFROOT/../texmf-local
but I doubt that you really use /usr/share/texmf-local for local additions.

Am I right in assuming that you have context in /usr/bin/context and
configuration in /usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua?

Mojca