[Fedora TeX Live] Support for ConTeXt

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 13:47:10 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:53:01PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:42, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> >
> > Is there any reason why ConTeXt doesn't use kpathsea to figure out
> > these paths?
>
> The developer doesn't like kpathsea (speed limitations etc.) so he
> basically rewrote the whole functionality from scratch.

Too bad if everybody follows this strategy...

> > Attaching texmf.cnf from TeX Live 2011 (the basic installation +
> > ConTeXt collection). Hopefully you will be able to dig some
> > information from it.
>
> Not everything yet. Where do you have texmflocal? You seem to use an
> almost unmodified version of texmf.cnf which refers to
>     TEXMFLOCAL = $TEXMFROOT/../texmf-local
> but I doubt that you really use /usr/share/texmf-local for local additions.

TEXMFLOCAL doesn't make much sense in the packaging system managed
distributions. If one has writing access to TEXMF hierarchy in /usr,
then he can install a package system-wide as well. Any local
modifications and additions need to go to ~/.texlive2011 on per-user
basis.

> Am I right in assuming that you have context in /usr/bin/context and
> configuration in /usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua?

Correct.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,