[Fedora TeX Live] Hyphen rules, texmf-config and synctex

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Sat Sep 24 12:07:29 CEST 2011

Hi Enrique,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:32:10AM +0200, Enrique Artal Bartolo wrote:
> 1.- Problem with symlink of /usr/share/texlive/texmf-config; it is directed to
> /usr/share/texlive/texmf but  it is redirected to /etc/texmf when updating (not always)
> and either it does not work or not the output files do not use pfb fonts. It is only
> annoying, but I would like to know if there is a way to avoid manual linking.

The /usr/share/texlive/texmf-config is no more a symlink so you shouldn't see this
problem any more.

> 2.- Something similar happens with hyphen rules. When updating, they disappeared
> and the only way to get them back is to proceed "yum erase"+"yum install" (yum reinstall
> does not work).

This was caused by invalid package ordering in instalation. It should
be fixed now as the dependencies are now tightened and the
installation order verified.

If you see any problems please reinstall. It is possible that the
configuration file was unrecoverably damaged during updates with old
packages which still had bad install order.

> 3.- The third one happens since TL2011 I guess. I use kile and okular for typesetting; inverse search from
> pdf to tex works OK but forward search does not work. I am not sure if synctex is responsible.

Not sure here. Maybe it is better to report it on kile/synctex forums
to find proper solution. If it involves any modifications on TeX Live
side, please let me know.

Thanks for feedback,
Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,