[Fedora TeX Live] Cannot use vim-latex with texlive 2012

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 08:26:50 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 05:46:48PM +0100, José Matos wrote:
> On 2012-04-14 08:25, Johannes Lips wrote:
> > I don't think that's a bug in vim-latex because I get the same error
> > when installing another Tex-Editor. I think the problem are some
> > missing provides in the new 2012 texlive packages.
> > This should be easy to fix but I think it's the reason for many
> > problems reported recently.
> >
> > Johannes
>
> tex(latex) is not provided in texlive-2012 packages, since several
> packages in fedora require it the upgrade fails...

... and fixed. It was caused by rpmbuild bug actually. It incorrectly
parses Provides tag. Provides: tex(latex)= 2012 will cause two bogus
provides "tex(latex)=" and "2012" to be added to the final RPM. I will
try to fix this behaviour in rpmbuild itself as well.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,