[Fedora TeX Live] texlive-2012 alpha on F17 beta: dblatex issues

Benjamin De Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 22:16:33 CEST 2012

talking to myself here....

after updating, and installing more missing deps for dblatex:

texlive-changebar
texlive-bibtopic
texlive-overpic
texlive-zapfding

and then mass-installing fonts so I don't have to deal with these fails
on a one-by-one basis:

texlive-japanese
texlive-*-fedora-fonts

(Is there a yum groupinstall *-fonts that is a meta-package for at
least the 35 original fonts that seem necessary/useful?)

I again try to regenerate PDF documentation. This fails with:

Build spine.pdf
built-in module pdftex registered
no support found for ifxetex
no support found for fontspec
no support found for xltxtra
no support found for fontenc
no support found for inputenc
no support found for fancybox
built-in module makeidx registered
no support found for docbook
built-in module bibtopic registered
building additional files...ifxetex
checking if compiling is necessary...
the output file doesn't exist
pdflatex -interaction=batchmode spine.tex
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012/dev)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
pdflatex failed
.:25826: Incomplete \ifmmode; all text was ignored after line 25826.
l$_: Emergency stop.
Unexpected error occured
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbtexmf/core/dbtex.py", line
332, in compile donefiles = self._compile()

Of note are that texlive-ifxetex to texlive-fancybox are all installed.

Should I be filing this type of issue with upstream dblatex, or this
list, or what?

Does anybody have a dblatex setup that is working? Seems unlikely....

-benjamin