[Fedora TeX Live] New pdflatex.fmt error

Colin Macdonald macdonald at maths.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 24 23:07:30 CEST 2012

On 08/24/2012 11:25 AM, Jindrich Novy wrote:
 > Is there anyone else who fixed this problem by renaming
 > ~/.texlive2012 directory or removing fmt files from there?

I always delete ~/.texlive2012 and /var/lib/texmf before doing texlive
updates.

In the past (maybe 6 months or 1 year ago?) I think I *had* to do
this.  So I've done it "just in case" ever since.

I forget if I've seen it reported here: but I also had some problems
recently where some files in /usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c were not
updated and instead introduced with new names.  IIRC, the files were
updmap.cfg and fmtutil.cnf.  It looked like some fedora mechanism for
protecting config files but I didn't have time to investigate at the time.

Colin