[Fedora TeX Live] Beginner question "Texlive2011" with CJK module installation on F15

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:18:44 CET 2012

Hi, I could use some advice/help.

I am a Fedora desktop user (Fedora 15 LXDE, en_US).

I have begun to use LyX (and Texmaker) from the Fedora repository. It
installed Texlive2007 as dependency. It is quite old, but the good part
is that everything works out of the box.

However I live in Japan and I need the CJK module (and the document
classes) which are missing -- or incomplete -- in the Fedora package.

Here is my question:

Should I install the jnovy repository:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive

Or should I install the Texlive2011 ISO from CTAN. As recommended here:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=262135&mode=linear

I do not have a very high level of expertise (installation, front-end
settings, etc.), and I could use some advice.

Thanks in advance,
nomnex

--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>