[Fedora TeX Live] Beginner question "Texlive2011" with CJK module installation on F15

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:32:12 CET 2012

> On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:23:22 +0800
> alick <alick9188 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 于 2012年01月05日 18:18, nomnex 写道:
> > Hi, I could use some advice/help.

<snip>

> > Should I install the jnovy repository:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive
> >
> > Or should I install the Texlive2011 ISO from CTAN. As recommended
> > here:
> > http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=262135&mode=linear

<snip>

> The simple answer is: both should work.
>
> I am a Fedora and TeX Live user from China. I normally need XeTeX with
> XeCJK to typeset Chinese reports. I once tested both installation from
> CTAN and jnovy's repo on Fedora 14, and they worked at the same time.
> Just be careful with PATH setting.

Thank you for your answer. Installing the jnovy repository must the
easiest way for me, as long as it is stable. I could need more help with
the packages to select in [1] & [2]. It is not obvious for a novice
user.

---

| [1]
| This will install the basic TeX Live scheme. You can alternatively
| install any of these schemes: texlive-scheme-basic
| texlive-scheme-context texlive-scheme-full texlive-scheme-gust
| texlive-scheme-medium texlive-scheme-minimal texlive-scheme-tetex
| texlive-scheme-xml

a. I use latex in English + French + Japanese. And xetex with the
same languages, when I need to use TT fonts.

I probably need "texlive-scheme-full" or "texlive-scheme-medium", but
I don't the difference?

b. is this the correct command:

# yum clean all
# yum update
# yum install texlive-sheme-full

| [2]
| or various pre-set TeX Live collections, the list is here:
| http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/collections

Do need to add the packages below in addition (I am not even sure which
ones I do not need), or are they included in [1]

| texlive-collection-basic
| texlive-collection-bibtexextra
| texlive-collection-binextra
| texlive-collection-context
| texlive-collection-documentation-base
| texlive-collection-documentation-english
| texlive-collection-fontsextra
| texlive-collection-fontsrecommended
| texlive-collection-fontutils
| texlive-collection-formatsextra
| texlive-collection-genericextra
| texlive-collection-genericrecommended
| texlive-collection-htmlxml
| texlive-collection-langcjk
| texlive-collection-langenglish
| texlive-collection-langfrench
| texlive-collection-latexextra
| texlive-collection-latexrecommended
| texlive-collection-latex
| texlive-collection-luatex
| texlive-collection-mathextra
| texlive-collection-metapost
| texlive-collection-music
| texlive-collection-omega
| texlive-collection-pictures
| texlive-collection-plainextra
| texlive-collection-pstricks
| texlive-collection-publishers
| texlive-collection-science
| texlive-collection-texinfo
| texlive-collection-xetex

Sorry again for all this questions, but once again, I am a end user.
It's new, and there are many packages.
--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>
Freenode: nomnex