[Fedora TeX Live] Announcing TeX Live 2012 repository

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:19:33 CET 2012

>You're saying that installing a TeX distribution by hand is easy for
>novices? :D

The TeXLive installer isn't "easy" but anyone who reads the
documentation should be able to use it successfully.

>I've been using Jindrich's packages for a long time now, and I've had
>few problems. TeXLive 2011 has worked perfectly.

It's improved from the days when I had to repeatedly uninstall and
re-install thousands of packages. But the OP was complaining that
texlive on F15 wasn't up-to-date on packages that he needed. Sending him
to a texlive-2012 development release is surely not good advice.

Bob T.