[Fedora TeX Live] Again problem with formats.

Rudi Gaelzer rudi at ufpel.edu.br
Wed Sep 5 16:41:16 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 05 September 2012 14:51:11 Mary Ellen Foster wrote:

How sad is it that I can talk about a "normal" *.fmt problem? Is it possible
to fix the TeXLive packages once and for all so that these things don't happen
on every upgrade?

That's exactly what I'm thinking right now.
Removing the ~/.texlive2012 directory did not work.  I had to edit (as root)
the /usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf file, removing #! in front of
the line:

#! latex pdftex language.dat -translate-file=cp227.tcx *latex.ini

and then run (as root):
$ fmtutil-sys --all
$ texhash

Actually, I had to do the same for xelatex afterwards...

--
Rudi Gaelzer
Department of Physics