[Fedora TeX Live] preview package removed in texlive 2012?

Peter Williams peter at newton.cx
Fri Sep 28 15:44:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm using texlive 2012 on Fedora 17 and need the preview.sty file. But
it doesn't seem to be provided **by the texlive 2012 repo** as checked
with the usual ways.

There **is** a tex-preview from the fedora repo, but it seems to be
incompatible since it puts files in /usr/share/texmf. There's also a
texlive-preview package in texlive **2011**.

Should I take this to mean that the preview package has been deprecated
in upstream texlive 2012? Maybe there was just an oversight in
propagating it to the Fedora texlive 2012 repository?

(Yes, I could get going by installing the Fedora RPM and futzing my
path, but I'm interested in the packaging aspect of this issue, not the
functionality.)

Please CC me in any replies since I'm not subscribed to the list.
Thanks,

Peter

Peter Williams / peter at newton.cx