[Fedora TeX Live] Packaging: TeX tree for non-texlive packages

Michael J Gruber mjg at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 14 12:34:16 CET 2013

Hi there,

I'm trying to get "bibexport" up-to-date with the new texlive in F18 and
up. It wants to install a few *.bst which I needs to be found. Can I
create and own a subdirectory in

/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/

or are they reserved for texlive subpackages? Currently, this goes to

kpsewhich -expand-var '$TEXMFMAIN' which is

/usr/share/texlive/texmf

which is empty.

Also, I will turn

BuildRequires:  /usr/bin/kpsewhich
BuildRequires:  tetex-latex
Requires:       tetex
Requires(post):   /usr/bin/texhash
Requires(postun): /usr/bin/texhash

into

BuildRequires:  /usr/bin/kpsewhich
BuildRequires:  tex(latex)
Requires:       tex-bibtex
Requires(post):   /usr/bin/texhash
Requires(postun): /usr/bin/texhash

unless someone tells me a better way to requite kpsewhich and texhash
(or to set the texmf tree resp. to update the db on install).

Michael