Redhat 5.1 and Minivend shopping cart program

Claude Claude na Easynet.fr
Pondělí Prosinec 14 20:42:13 CET 1998

Greetings,
I have problems to install Minivend.
My system : Linux Redhat 5.1 (includes : Apache, netscape, perl 5.004
)
+ Minivend 3.11 + a PC (Cyrix P150+).

                 I am the owner of the linux box : so I can log as
“root” or as a simple user.

I have problems to make the demo catalogue.
I execute : ./bin/makecat
The program “freezes” with the message (approximately) :
******  We will now make the ‘simple’ catalogue ********

     * I have tried to update the libc5
.      I have seen the Redhat
5.0 problem.
     * I have tried to install the Minivend system when I was logged as
a simple user.
           (Avoid “root” for security reasons)

2 days of hard work without success (approximately 30 hours !!!)

Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Notice : I have installed Minivend under Windows with success

Claude na easynet.fr

Daląí informace o konferenci Linux