[Fedora TeX Live] packages.fc15 has F16 packages only

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 6 16:20:48 CET 2011

Tom Callaway venit, vidit, dixit 06.12.2011 16:16:
> On 12/06/2011 09:35 AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:
>> José Matos venit, vidit, dixit 06.12.2011 11:35:

>>> Actually that piece of information was given by Jindrich some months
>>> ago. :-)
>>
>> So the answers is: You don't want new users, unless they dig in the
>> mailing list archives?
>
> In the limited defense I can provide here, I suspect this setup was not
> meant to be long-term, as the hope was that we'd be able to get this
> package set into Fedora proper.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, so no defense is necessary ;)

If noone objects, I would put some observations on the wiki which may
help newcomers.

> Assuming nothing explodes in my lap today, I will try to start the legal
> review again, and I'll post the information about it to this list so
> that people can help get it done.

That would be great. Given how many people use LaTeX in the academic
community, there is a great chance for "crowd sourcing" if we make it
easy enough to try out TL2011 on Fedora. My post was meant to help with
this.

Michael