[Fedora TeX Live] Portuguese hyphenation pack empty.

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:01:19 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 15:45, Rudi Gaelzer wrote:
> Dear Mojca.
>
> The problem is that I have both texlive-hyph-utf8 and
> texlive-hyphen-portuguese packages installed, but nevertheless latex is not

> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (TeX Live 2010)
>
> What could be the problem here?

Maybe the package manager doesn't add any extra lines to language.dat
when installing texlive-hyphen-*. Can you try to check
    kpsewhich language.dat
I'm interested in both location and contents. This should be a file
outside of the main texmf tree and should be generated automatically
by installer.

It is also quite possible that this has been fixed in the meantime for
TL 2011 (I'm not using Fedora, I would have to install it inside a
virtual machine to be able to test.)

Mojca