[Fedora TeX Live] Portuguese hyphenation pack empty.

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 19:59:20 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 17:02, Rudi Gaelzer wrote:
> I've seen that post too, but:
>
> I'm CC'ing this to Jindrich Novy, to check if he can provide us with any
> information.

I leave it up to him.

> Anyway, a temporary solution would be downloading and installing the
> language.dat file you referred to, right?

Yes. But there might be some differences like new languages that were
not present in 2010 (the first few things that cross my mind are dated
german patterns, pinyin, ...). If you only need Portuguese, just add:

portuguese loadhyph-pt.tex
=portuges

> Should I also get the latest language.def file?

Do you use plain TeX? If not, then you don't need it. language.dat.lua
is needed for LuaTeX. If you don't use that one, you don't need the
lua table either.

Mojca